Being a VFW Member

Stop by the Old Guard Post 2100 at 2711 Oaks Ave. Everett, WA.98201 and get to know our fellow members. Check out our website to learn about VFW activities in our area. Choose to participate in being a part of the country’s largest organization made up solely of members like you -combat veterans.


There are three qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our Bylaws. An
individual must meet all three in order to become a member. They are as follows:

1: Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.

2: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United
States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable
Conditions) or be currently serving.

3: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters.

This can be proven by any of the following:
– An authorized campaign medal (see other side for a list of qualifying medals
and badges)
– Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military
pay statement)
– Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days

This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other
information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact
the National Personnel Records Center at 314-801-0800 or online at http://www. to request more information.

Signing Up

Contact us directly at or 425-252-2100 and we will set up a meeting to inform you of the benefits and sign you up.  Cost for membership varies depending on the type of membership you choose.